I really like getting feedback and will respond to comments.

So please, won't you leave me some footnotes!

Better yet.......... Become a follower!

I'll follow you back!

Do You See What I See? Check out the images I've found!
Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, January 27, 2011

BLOG AWARD

Melinda from MoCrochet visited my blog made a comment on my Teapot recipe holder and then gave me my very first blogging  award. 
Thank-you Melinda!!!


So here's how the award works:

First -  I have to reveal several things about myself:

1. I married my high school sweetheart and we have been together totally for nearly 40 years!

2. I like to sing, especially when I'm   doing my chores; my son absolutely hates it. He insists I can't sing.

3. I'm a counter, mostly when I'm measuring out large quantities, like water that doesn't have to be exact. I guess maybe I'm borderline OCD. So, how do I combat this? I sing! HA!

4. I have 4 children, 3 girls , 1 boy and 4 grandchildren, 2 girls, 2 boys. I probably would never have  been nominated for mother of the year, but my kids all made it to adulthood not drug addicts and not in jail. Hey,what more would you want? They all went to college and I am proud of every one of them!

5. I'm a blog stalker. I follow 138 blogs in Blogger alone and nearly 200 total; all via Google Reader. I love to prowl the linky parties looking for new ideas.

6. I asked Gary, my husband, to list some interesting things about me and these are what he came up with. Now remember he loves me, so he may be biased.
- Very self-motivated and determined person in planning a trip, building a project, and so on.
- Loves her family, even ME!
- Flower lady and gardening (not so sure about this,'cause God does most of the work)
- Smart
- Cougar


Don't ya just love that last one! He really has a sense of humor.


Second - Pick 3-5 blogs you admire and pass on this award linking back to the person who gave you the award (in this case, me).  Make sure to leave a comment on their blog that they have won.

1. Amy of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie
She has a clean looking blog and she always comes to visit my blog when I leave a comment on hers. She's a member of the DIYClub.

2. Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape
Maria is always visiting my blog and leaves such nice comments.
She shares a lot of fun projects and fun info about herself.


She has a colorful blog and shares a lot of fun projects and funny commentaries.


She's another DIYClub gal and has a nice blog with lots of projects. She also has a weekly linky party called Tickled Pink.



5. Roeshel @ the DIY Showoff
Yet again, another of those DIY Club gals, with a nice clean looking blog and lots of projects.


6. Becky @ Beyond The Picket Fence
She has a nice looking blog with a scrapbook feel to it and she hosts the Under $100 Linky Party every week.

Have An Award Winning Day!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm really flattered to be included in the company of such heavy hitters! Thank you for the honor, Tru, you're a lovely person.

    Oh, and 40 years? Color me impressed! We only have 22 under our belts.

    Wait, he's the only one that wears a belt. I don't know what mine are under.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award!
    Wow! Almost 40 years? That is definitely something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on you award, how fun to learn all these things about you and congrats on raising kids into successful adults and the bonus is that they gave you grand babies. You have so many blessings.

    I'm elated that you selected my blog, it's so kind of you to have chosen me. I had such a busy day today but when I heard the news, that you selected my blog, I felt a lot lighter. All of a sudden the things I had to do weren't so bad.

    Thank you so much, I can't wait to post it on my blog. I'll be posting it on my side bar with a link. I Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the great award, I am honored! Love your facts about yourself, a cougar eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award and the smile! Like Becky, I love that Cougar comment from your hubby! :) Forty years together is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Tru! I think you're amazing and love your blog too. I love getting to know the 'friend' behind the blog. lol at Cougar. I love you for your big heart. :)

    Take care.
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments. I read every one and will respond if you have your email attached to your name.