I really like getting feedback and will respond to comments.

So please, won't you leave me some footnotes!

Better yet.......... Become a follower!

I'll follow you back!

Do You See What I See? Check out the images I've found!
Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, October 18, 2010

THE COLOSSAL POTATO TOWER VENTURE - "UPDATE"

I haven't harvested any potatoes for awhile, but today I decided to dig a couple up for supper.
This is the first potato I dug up. I put a coffee cup next to it, just to give a perspective of the size. It is the size of  


2 large potatoes.

Hubby was with me and we both started to laugh. I said, " I guess that's supper ."







Anyway, I'm still debating whether or not to break the whole thing open 'cause there is still quite a lot of green going on up top. We haven't had a killing frost in our area yet, so I guess that explains why these tater plants are hanging on for dear life. I'm also waiting for my horseradish to turn brown to harvest that. I suppose it will all come at the same time.


Have a Great Evening !
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I have been following with interest yoru potato tower project..wow...they sure got big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As big as that potato was, it was hollow about the size of a golf ball inside. It was still more than enough to feed both of us; however! I may break this sucka' open once and for all this weekend when the grandkids are here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure where you live, but I live in the horseradish capital of the world, can you imagine that there is such a place? Your potato looks beautiful. I LOVE baked potatoes. You are welcome to guest post at my place anytime you like. You just tell me when you have a project you would like to share, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, it was cold and rainy when the grandkids could have helped with the potato tower. So, I will have to wait until the weather cooperates and I can get it open without too much mud.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments. I read every one and will respond if you have your email attached to your name.