I really like getting feedback and will respond to comments.

So please, won't you leave me some footnotes!

Better yet.......... Become a follower!

I'll follow you back!

Do You See What I See? Check out the images I've found!
Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

CROCHET RIBBON NECKLACE

I made this necklace for one of my daughters for Christmas.



 Materials and Tools 
1 spool of 1" ribbon
1 spool of 1/4" ribbon
5 large beads
Size H crochet hook
Large embroidery or darning needle



Instructions
Using the 1" ribbon; leave an 18" tail and make a slip knot onto a size H crochet hook.
Ch 18 - Fasten off leaving an 18" tail at the end.
Using a large embroidery or darning needle, thread 5 beads onto the 1/4" ribbon. Attach the 1/4" ribbon to the 1st sc and then ch1 sc in each of next 2 ch.
* Slip a bead down to your work, sc in each of next 3 sc.
Repeat from * 4 times, ending with sc in last 3 ch.
Ch 1, turn, then sc in each sc across. Fasten off.
Make sure both tails of larger ribbon are pulled tightly to make a knot at each end.
Wave ends of both ribbons over a flame to seal and weave smaller ribbon ends into the back of the piece.

With 18" tails, it can be worn as a choker as in above image, or it can be worn lower on the neck.




Have A Ball Today!
Visit thecsiproject.com

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That is very pretty, I know your daughter wears it with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I'd wear it as a choker for a bit of a Victorian feel ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments. I read every one and will respond if you have your email attached to your name.